The thing I just can't get over is how some folks refuse to learn *how*
a squeezebox works. I can at least agree that there is a *possibility*
that something weird can be going on inside a computer/OS that can
affect the sound output IF SUCH OUTPUT IF FED VIA THE COMPUTER'S SOUND
CARD. But we know that is not how Squeezeboxes work. The bits are fed
(bit perfect as testing repeatedly demonstrates) via an asynchronous
method to the buffer of the Squeezebox. So if these perfect bits arrive
fast enough to keep the Squeezebox buffer filled, there is zero
possibility that the computer feeding the bits can affect the sound
quality. If the buffer doesn't stay filled, one has dropouts or
rebuffering, not simply "less good sound".

OK, so one can posit some sort of odd electronic wave traveling down the
ethernet cable that interacts with the Squeezebox.  Easy enough to
remove that in a test (use WIFI).  Or do the "pull the ethernet cable"
and listen to SB player play out the last of the buffer. No connection
back to computer, just pure bits in the SB buffer.  Why is this so hard
to understand.

And of course Jplay itself is a complete scam. See here:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=92856&hl=jplay

*Location 1:* VortexBox 4TB (2.2) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Location 2:* VBA 3TB (2.2) > LMS 7.7.2 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > SqueezePlay
*Spares:* VBA 4TB, SB3, Touch (3), Radio (3), CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone4S (iPeng), iPad2 (iPengHD & SqueezePad),
CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Tagging - mp3tag, Spotify