I have been using an SBT (with EDO and TT3.0) to feed digital via SPDIF
(RCA) to my Esoteric K-03 SACD player (using it as DAC) for quite some
while.  While it sounds quite alright, there is always room for
improvement.  Better built devices out there are mostly DLNA based,
which I find to be less functional and less stable than the LMS + SB
setup.  I am also quite fond of using the Squeezebox controller from my
old Duet to control my SBT now.  So, I would like to ask if there exists
a "thing" that hopefully has the following attributes:

1)  Runs on LMS and can be seen by Squeezebox controller/LMS
2)  well built and sounds better (as a digital transport) than SBT
3)  has digital out only (such that I don't waste money on the analog
circuits I don't use)

As said, most of the stuff out there don't do 1 and are DLNA based.
Something like a Simaudio Mind180 and a Cyrus Stream X2 do 2 and 3, and
the Cyrus has a dedicated N-remote which I do not know if it works as
nicely as a Squeezebox controller.  The SOTM SMS-100 seems interesting
as it definitely does 1, seem to possibly satisfy 2 (comments from
actual users welcomed), but is odd in that it just has USB out.  My
Esoteric has USB input, too, but there are 2 issues.  One is that its
192 compatibility needs drivers which cannot be installed on the SOTM
and I don't know how far the generic drivers would go.  Secondly, there
is an operation logistics issue in that practically my "USB DAC" cannot
be always on as I have to use it as a CD player, too, which switches off
the USB input.  As it cycles back in, the SB service in the SOTM (like a
computer) would need to be turned back on via web interface, which is
way too much trouble.  One way to go around that would be to use a USB
to SPDIF converter in between, but it would seem strange and I don't
know if it would defeat my original purpose of improving sound.

Your comments would be much welcomed.  Thanks.