Julf wrote:
> Based on subjective, not objective experiments? (no, not starting a
> debate, just clarifying)
>

> Interesting, considering toslink provides total galvanic isolation from
> electrical noise.

Subjective indeed, but it does not take very long for me to tell that I
am in the "wrong" input if I listen carefully.  (The arguments and
merits of DBT would probably exist as long as this hobby does.  I don't
disagree if one buys either school of thought.  It's a hobby for fun
afterall)

The galvanic isolation was my reason for trying the toslink.  Strangely,
it does not seem any less "noisy" and the coaxial actually has a better
presentation of silence.