jhonsber...@msn.com wrote:
> For me ,it's just another reason for me to use my macmini direct to a
> usb dac.

This is the Audiophile section of the forum and the macmini -> USB DAC
seems to be the "official" audiophile way to play (NOT stream) digital
files (except for flac files) so I guess that it is the way to go
provided you don't mind:

1) iTunes and its terrible music library management capabilities (I'm
really stretching the meaning of "capabilities" here since iTunes has
basically no coherent music library management ability)

2) Having to manually manage iTunes when switching between digital audio
files with different bit rates

or

2a) buying a third party to manage the playback of different bit rates

Other than these few issues the audiophile approved macmini -> USB DAC
setup is the way to go!

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos