Gandhi wrote:
> Yes, let's. :-)
>
> I must say that I'm impressed with all these advanced features!
> *"INNOCENT" START*
>
> 1. The HAP-Z1Es also includes Sony’s new “DSD Remastering Engine", which
> according to Sony “combines a high-performance DSP (digital signal
> processing) and FPGA (field-programmable gate array) to convert *any
> signal* into DSD128 signals", as ralphnj already has noted. *RIDICULOUS
> CONTRAPTION*
>
> 2. For compressed music files Sony has developed DSEE (Digital Sound
> Enhancement Engine) technology, which restores upper frequencies and the
> “tail” of waveforms that were truncated by lossy compression schemes.
> *UTTERLY CRAZY*
>
> The first feature is actually possible to disable and the second must be
> pure magic! What's not to like? :-) *IRONIC JOKE*

What can I say but mea culpa. Anyway I'm glad that you don't drink any
of the magic audiophile Kool-Aid, which, by the way, is now available in
the new DSD flavor.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos