Mnyb wrote:
> O I forgot the really hardcore audiophiles despise for digital ! In
> favor of vinyl .
>
> The best digital always sounded very close to to good vinyl ,but never
> really as good ;) for ages .
>
> If the debate had been between digital vs analog it may had some merit
> in the early days .
>
> But it was really cd vs -vinyl- which where a very flawed delivery
> format not sounding at all as the studio tapes .
>
> That's  a trend if any vinyls staying power when it should have been
> absololete . It still going on .

Let's not reopen that old digital versus analog debate. Early digital
recordings did not sound as good as analog but that ship sailed many
years ago. Present day digital sounds at least as good as present day
analog. Besides which, digital is a much better storage medium than
analog.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos