Wombat wrote:
> You should realize IF one of these older classics suddenly come out
> again sounding much better this won't be because of some magic dsd
> transfer cababilities but serious remastering. This pretty most likely
> will not happen in pure dsd domain.

That's probably true, but I admit to a fetish for having things in their
original format if available.  If the DSD version is better sounding
because of more careful mastering, I don't see that the format matters
much, apart from the premium surcharge (I also admit to being a sucker
for a promise of a "new and improved" mastering of one of my favorites.)
And I can always convert it to 16/44 PCM later.