Julf wrote:
> @Archimago: have you thought about analyzing the statistical
> significance of the results? What conclusion can be drawn, if, let's
> say, 62% of the responses show a preference for the "real" 24-bit
> tracks?

Yes. I'll see about subjecting the data to stats analysis of
significance. As of today, I've got >50 responses and hope to achieve at
least 150 like I did with the MP3 vs. FLAC test last year by the end of
it. It'll be interesting also to have a look at:
1. Which tune was easier to hear a difference in.
2. Whether more expensive gear resulted in more accurate detection.
3. Whether age was a factor (might be hard unless I have enough data to
normalize the gear quality).
4. Whether those who felt *confident* that they got it right actually
did! Perhaps a measure of human ability to self-evaluate.

I'll put more thought into other questions that could be "mined" based
on the data.

Archimago's Musings: (archimago.blogspot.com) A 'more objective'
audiophile blog.