ralphpnj wrote:
> No I did intend for my post to upset you and I'm glad that it did not.
>
> I am also fine with "Other people, other experiences" provided that:
>
> 1) the person is not part of the high end audio industry, e.g. a writer
> for a high end audio magazine or someone selling a product.
>
> 2) the person is not trying to justify their recent purchase, e.g.
> someone who just spent $1,000 for a high end USB cable or $35 for a high
> resolution download of a 1960 recording is going to "hear" a difference
> regardless of what they actually hear.
>
> In both of the above case neither person is ever going to do a double
> blind test, the former because the DBT might put them out of job and the
> latter because a DBT might show them how much money they just wasted.
> (Notice the use of the word "might".)
>
> Other than that I'm fine with "Other people, other experiences".

Yep...will second this.

Although I must admit that I like some writers I cannot recall that any
of them had torn down a reviewed device in pieces. Hmmm....and the
answer should be clear because he might review another one from the same
company in the future and will get paid again. Or because the company
has ads on his web page ;-)

And you´re second point is one which amazes me every time again.
Don´t get it if people buy powercords for 12500 € (see
http://www.audiophile-musik.de/equipment.php).
But hey....at least you have a cord with a cable jacket made in Japan,
hand weaved and silky. THAT makes the real difference :-)

Cheers