I have been feeding an SB3 into a Linn Numerik (then onto a Kairn, Klout
and Kabers (passive)) for years and been very happy. My Numerik has just
died mid track. My options are now:

1) try to get the Numerik repaired. Linn no longer support so I need to
find someone who could do this. Cost unknown.
2) find a new Numerik. They go for about £300-400 on ebay when they pop
up.
3) find a new DAC. The world has probably moved on since the Numerik
came out. What are the alternative DACs these days that would be as good
or better? An Emotiva Stealth seems well reviewed.

I have been out of the loop for years listening to music rather than
upgrading :-).

Thoughts and suggestions?