netchord wrote:
> human beings experience the same music differently from one another

Nobody is arguing against that, quite the opposite. All we are saying is
that not only do human beings experience the same music differently from
one another, but they also experience the same music differently from
one time to another.

You might be very, very good at listening to music, but this is not
about the ability to listen. This is about understanding the realities
about digital music reproduction. Bits *are* bits. The number 10 is
always the number 10, not sometimes 11, sometimes 9. There can be noise
and jitter in the DAC, but that noise and jitter is not affected by how
the bits get to the DAC.

> it's off-putting, and drives people away from both this forum, and the
> hobby in general.

No, what is off-putting, and what drives people away, is all the
superstition, hearsay, folklore and simply false information propagated
by people who don't understand the technology make all sorts of claims
based on unverified subjective sensations - and then refuse to verify
them objectively.

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953