Nice work as usual .The iPhone 6 seems to crossed the line into hifi .

Wonder where the choice of Minimum phase filters come from ? I'm a bit
sceptical about that in general . but is popular .

I get the 48k limit its a phone ! but it forces transcoding of some
sources . Which begs the question how are those things done on a phone ?

On our LMS servers we can have SoX which is known to perform very well ,
but how to cram such functions into a iPhone 4 or old iPad is it a
hardware chip ?can it be done in CPU ?

Well just fill your phone with stuff it can handle natively .

Also understandable that they might not drive all headphones perfectly ,
but with a decent headphone amp you have a very simple portable setup .

As we live long enough , now my phone outperforms some of my older
computers and some of the hifi i used to own :)

The irony of it is that you can just by reading the ads on stereophile
website any odd day find multi thousand $$$ equipment that performs much
worse .
What the audiophile buys is simply artisan crafted distortion in some
cases. I have no problems with that if it is your fare, its usually the
weird claims that go around the stuff that bothers me , and the prices
for it .

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4