Mnyb wrote:
> Either it s a high res file then you get the bogus presentation of
> "bitrate" or hi is simply disabling native flac so that he gets pcm(wav)
> to the player .

Is PCM/WAV the fallback fromat?

> Or some really wierd convert.conf fiddling or soem strange combinationof
> file types settings hopefully no mystery fw on the player .
>
> I would log the behaviur then you now what its doing .

Indeed. Finding out exactly what the effect of the convert.conf change
is is definitely the first step. And yes, good to verify the version of
the firmware.

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953