doctor_big wrote:
> How much would you think it reasonable to spend on a pair of
> floorstanding speakers for a medium-sized (say, 16x20ft) room?

The short answer is $200. The Infinity Primus 363 is frequently on sale
at Amazon for either $99 each or $107 each with free shipping. (
http://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Primus-Three-way-Floorstanding-Speaker/dp/B0046A8R3M
).

There is a review of this speaker in the February Absolute Sound that I
haven't seen yet, but I have been reading the forum of the reviewer, who
says it compares favorably with multi-thousand dollar speakers. I
actually have multi-thousand dollar speakers and the Primus is no slouch
in comparison.

More money won't necessarily buy you better performance.

Kim

------
Touch -> GW Labs upsampler -> TacT RCS 2.2X -> Convolver PC (Win7 +
AcourateConvolver + RME HDSP-AES-32)-> Apogee Big Ben -> (TacT S2150 ->
KEF LS50) + (TacT S2150 -> TacT W210)