Julf wrote:
> Have there been instances of two different amps that can't be told apart
> in an ABX being reliably shown as actually sounding different?
I'm betting your definition of 'actually sounding different' makes this
a circular argument.

I have less confidence in a result where I hear a difference sighted
than where I hear a difference blind.

But I have less confidence in the result where I fail to hear a
difference blind than where I fail to hear a difference sighted.

A lot of these discussions are pedicated on the idea that there is "a
right way to do it" and by reasoning about it long enough, we can
discover what that "right way" is. But I see no reason why there must
exist a way that has pros without any cons.

Check it, add to it! http://www.dr.loudness-war.info/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/richpub/listmania/byauthor/A3H57URKQB8AQO/ref=cm_pdp_content_listmania/203-7606506-5721503.

SB Touch