reinholdk wrote:
> Thanks for clarifying.
> I was looking for a date on the website and expected to see some April,
> 1st. Then I was reading the text a second time trying to find an acronym
> like A.P.R.I.L., which is sometimes hidden in such articles that try to
> fool you. :)

As I stated earlier, this article does not appear to be a joke, at least
not intentionally. The sad part is that while anyone with a working
knowledge of computers and digital data can clearly see that just
everything about this article is totally incorrect, there are many, many
people who buy into this nonsense. Some of them because they simply want
to believe and others because they see as an opportunity to make some
easy money selling "audiophile" computer parts and accessories.

One thing that I've noticed with audiophiles is that they don't seem to
understand the difference between probable, possible and impossible. For
example if I do not buy a lottery ticket it is impossible for me to win
the lottery. However if I buy a lottery ticket it is now possible that I
might win the big prize but it is still not very probable. Depending on
the odds of the lottery the difference between not having a ticket and
having one ticket is almost zero, i.e. it's much a given that I'm not
going to win but without a ticket I've just removed a very slight bit of
uncertainty.

Many of the more "out there" audiophile theories fall into the "it is
not impossible but highly improbable" category. What gets left out is
just how improbable.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos