I have two turntables - one in the Living Room and one in my Office - I
am in the process of digitising my mainly 70s vinyl collection into
FLAC. I have no idea when I will finish and still buy the odd vinyl.
In the office I stick an album on, click record in VinylStudio and carry
on working on the same PC (two monitors). It is a less than five minute
job at the end to split the tracks and add metadata and album art. I use
a Behringer USB mixer in a non mixing mode which allows very quick
switching between source and playback.
I wouldn't say that either of my turntables are particularly high end
although the office one was very highly regarded in its day as being the
best entry level belt drive turntable then around (Trio KD1033B).
I have found that the biggest factor on the digitising process (apart
from the condition of the vinyl) is the cartridge/stylus and I have
upgraded (?) to modern Ortofon 2M Red on both turntables fairly
recently.
In -some - cases the results are such that you can only tell which FLAC
is vinyl ripped and which is CD ripped by listening on headphones. In
others its obvious it was a vinyl rip. When the vinyl condition is
simply not good enough to digitise I will buy the CD.
Like others I do wish there was a better way to handle the artwork as
there is no substitute for a decent LP cover. In fact I have coffee
table style books about them as I suspect a lot of us do.

*Vortexbox LMS 7.8 music on QNAP TS419p via NFS* -
iThingys/iPeng/Tablets
*Living Room* - SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 connected Digitally - > Celestion
Ditton F20s - and connected Analogue for Zone 2 -> Sony TA FE 320 ->
Sennheiser RS 130
*Office* - SB3 -> Sony TA FE320 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom
*Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - Amazon Fire TV (SB Player) -> Topping TP20 ->
Wharfedale Modus Cubes