pablolie wrote:
> a lot of audiophile recordings are actually very sterile and un-engaging
> performances. sheffield labs - i used their test cd for setup, but their
> reference recordings are bla. but that's just me.

It's not just limited to audio recording, i.e. recordings made on
audiophile record labels, but to recordings made for any record label
that have become the darlings of the audiophile crowd, e.g. those
dreadful HP Super Disc Lists.

Mnyb wrote:
> Actually Jazz at pawnshop,is a standout it's not intended as test record
> , it's simply a live performance from the 70's that got disproportionate
> distrubution outside of its cultural context .
> Probably cool for the people that was at the venue to buy a copy but
> then what ?

Mnyb I know that you are Swedish and must defend your homeland but come
on, Jazz at the Pawn Shop is not all that good. Look at the bright side,
I never say anything bad about ABBA (since I just say nothing at all:))

Julf wrote:
> In their belief system we are the flat-earthers who blindly believe
> "scientific dogma" and don't see the reality with an open mind. Another
> case of the 'Galileo Gambit'
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_fallacy#Galileo_Gambit).

Back in Galileo's day the influence of money was most likely not as
powerful as it today. While individual audiophiles who believe the
nonsense published in audiophile magazines may be somewhat innocent, the
writers and editors of those audiophile rags are being PAID to write the
nonsense and belief has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Julf wrote:
> Ah, yes. Now I just need to find a data center with audiophile quality
> power connectors...

Since when are we talking about data. If you want this idea to fly in
the audiophile community you would be better served calling it a music
distribution center.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos