Mnyb wrote:
> Linn is a very good example on marketing on the slightly shady side .
>
> they " discovered " that the source component was the most important
> part of an audio system , while in the beginning they did nothing but
> said source component the LP12 :) so now you where to place a
> disproportionate amount of £££ on the TT , their TT .
>
> And with the CD12 they probably broke the wall of shame on how
> ridiculously expensive a CD player could be .
>
> But only after years spreading the FUD about vinyls superiority , and
> prat what was that really :D " pace rhythm and timing " they and naim
> invented this and it can ofcourse not be quantified an any scientific
> way .....

Ahhh. The CD12. I remember that baby well... Something like $20,000 for
a CD player introduced at the advent of SACD technology. I remember how
when I was shopping for the SCD-1 the salesman would say how "close to
SACD it makes all your CD's sound!" or something like that.

Archimago's Musings: (archimago.blogspot.com) A 'more objective'
audiophile blog.