Mushroom_3 wrote:
> I know the ickStream people are highlighting Tidal and all that, but I
> found a couple of laugh out loud bits in this "review" of the launch.
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/04/04/streaming_tears_of_laughter_as_jayz_tidal_waves_goodbye_to_56m/

Thanks for the link - a wholly enjoyable read.

Now why aren't there any US based journalists willing to write this kind
of stuff?

His take down of the entire Beats universe is absolutely brilliant and
right on the mark:

> Not wanting to piss on the Tidal parade – not least because Madonna has
> already done so – I do wonder whether these shitty pop artists (what the
> hell was Jack White doing there?) were persuaded to invest in the
> service after watching from the sidelines as Dr Dre and his mate
> pocketed $3bn for a graphic equaliser setting, a bunch of links and a
> pair of headphones designed to look as if they were glued together out
> of a squeezy bottle by a Blue Peter presenter.

But then again Beats headphones are a perfect fit for most popular
music.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos