Wombat wrote:
> No one really knows. The paper talks about a filter using a 500Hz
> transition band realized with Matlab. People that know much more about
> this stuff wanted to create own files but the paper does not include the
> exact parameters you need. Matlab must have tons of possibilities
> there.
> It is a kind of joke that in a so called peer reviewed paper the data
> for verifying the findings it is about are missing :)
> They even used a bad dither method that no real-world resampler would
> use today.
> This may be also just another move to build a reason MQA does not need
> all bits.

Is this the paper where they used rectangular pdf dither not triangular
despite the fact that Stuart knows fully well that rectangular PDF
dither does not remove all the quantisation distortion? I thought that
was simply outrageously intellectually bankrupt. Absolutely up there
with staircase graphs to prove that hi rez is better.