Julf wrote:
> No. Just someone who likes good sound quality.

Is it ok if there are some who desire even better sound quality than
what you are happy with?

Julf wrote:

> I am proud to support evidence-based science rather than faith and old
> wives tales.

Do you see how you are relying on logical fallacy here?  None of the top
audiophile amp, DAC, or speaker designers rely on faith or wives' tales.
I don't either and neither do any number of informed audiophiles.  It
isn't appropriate to more or less libel everyone involved.

If I report that I'm hearing a dramatic improvement in various aspects
of sound quality when I switch to my current front end from the
Transporter, then the last thing you should be thinking is that I'll
have to prove it by setting up a testing environment that you approve
of.  Design matters.  Quality of parts matters.  The reputation and
prior achievements of the head engineer matters.  Yes, they engineer
with sound principle.  They do measure and test.  They also listen.  If
you really enjoy sound quality then there is no better time to go for
it.

Cary Audio 306 SACD Pro | Cary Audio SLP-05 | Cary Audio SA-200.2 |
Focal Diablo Utopia III
__Acoustic treatment: DIY Cylinder Bass traps | "Rule of Thirds" for
speaker & sweet spot position
__Speaker Cables: Analysis Plus Big Silver Oval | Shunyata Venom series
power cords and power conditioning