Archimago wrote:
> From your statements, this is what I understand:
>
> - So you've settled on "fluctuating noise" that is perhaps improved.
>
> - You have no idea how this is measured.
>
> - You have no evidence yourself that this is really what is happening or
> a problem. Or something the Regen can improve upon.
>
> - We likewise have no evidence from Swenson that what he speaks of -
> reduction of packet-noise from the DAC because the Regen improves
> "signal integrity" - is electrically what is happening. And I'm not sure
> if Swenson claims this is the same as your "fluctuating noise"
> hypothesis.
>
> - Therefore, there is nothing of substance other than theoretical claims
> and possibilities. Certainly no clear evidence this device either
> improves the DAC's PHY noise (because of improved "signal integrity") or
> there is reduction of "fluctuating noise".
>
> - I guess we then have nothing to debate about other than the 'fact that
> I can show the 8kHz noise exists'
> (http://archimago.blogspot.ca/2015/05/measurements-corning-usb-3-optical.html)
> (and can see it -not -fluctuate substantially over time on the FFT if
> that matters) and that I can suppress it in my system with the optical
> USB cable under the conditions I described in detail.
>
> If I'm missing any -facts -rather than -statements of faith-, please let
> me know and explain. Otherwise I don't see any point debating with you
> unless you bring up something of tangible value.
>
> Good day.

The simplest measurements of them all would be at the analog output of a
DAC any DAC, even if a product do "improve" stuff farther up in the
chain, what’s eventually matters is what’s leaving the DAC .
If a professional magazine or site reviews they better test a whole
bunch of DAC's with different design to see if the effect varies if its
there at all .

Why this product in this tread ? start a new tread on the regen , the
other one got closed .

On that can the mods please start a separate keny and arny slugfest
tread :D (with a theme song only aviable as DSD128 ) it would improve
the S/N level (no i dont care who started it's probably decades ago in
another forum unrelated to squeezeboxes , but it's evident that we see
much more jkeny when arnyk is around ?) then they can go over and figth
it out and then return to the normal tread to debate on topic win win .

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )