Wombat wrote:
> It should be verified with a simple measurement if the grounding is
> correctly done before listening. Shieldings of ethernet may play
> together with a wrongly done connector.

As you know Wombat, measurements mean little to nothing to the religious
audiophiles.

Point taken however, I really hope the test conditions are reasonable
controlled with a decent room, good equipment including decent
grounding, quiet ambient noise, and hopefully also able to select some
"trained" listeners and folks "recognized" as having excellent hearing
ability to participate.

Otherwise, the criticisms will come hard and fast as already witnessed
with the 'Lavorgna post on this today'
(http://www.audiostream.com/content/smackdown-amazing-randi-ars-technica-take-ethernet-cables#comments-link#VAbf4C4xdv3rg81K.97)
and his non-banned cadre of commenters like CG who dares to suggest
objective testers being the religious ones: "But, I guess every form of
religion has its own core immutable tenets." How bizarre and perverse.

Archimago's Musings: (archimago.blogspot.com) A 'more objective'
audiophile blog.