Wombat wrote:
> No matter how correct you are, there are prayers to undermine all
> obvious conclusions of experiments done the way Archimago does.
> Here JS feeds the community with what they want to hear. Maybe now that
> the Regen business started it becomes even more important.
> http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f8-general-forum/gordon-rankin-says-im-wrong-about-universal-serial-bus-industry-standard-cables-connectors-and-communications-protocols-between-computers-and-electronic-devices-cable-sound-20814/index53.html#post445769
> This Quote may be most interesting:
> "Once you get the reproduction very close, there are some very small
> changes that can make the perception say "wow it is real", even though
> the usual measuring systems cannot distinguish any differences."
>
> Not the first time i stumbled across the -160dB number. Here in
> conjunction with audibilty of ethernet cables.
> http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f8-general-forum/ars-prepares-put-%93audiophile%94-ethernet-cables-test-las-vegas-25164/index20.html#post452046
>
> Once Archimago will measure at these -160dB in his cryolab surrounding
> earth in its orbit this number simply will be highered to -190dB
> obviously...

Yes they cryo lab won't do at -190 dB quantum level noise is present
even at zero kelvin. This is getting more and more fun :) if they where
right you won't even need to play any music to hear this difference .
Jut the ambient noise would change drastically .

They obviously have not done this simple test . while sitting in your
normal listening position in your normal listening environment and
having the hifi at the usual playback level . Just play some test tones
at decreasing level -60 dB and downwards and I suspect at around -80 dB
give or take a few dB you won't hear anything more unless you get closer
to the speaker or increase the level far beyond normal listening levels
. I can hear a -112dB test tone faintly  buried in the noise if I press
the ears against the speaker drivers and have the volume at max....

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )