StephenPG wrote:
> Very important to level match
Agreed.
StephenPG wrote:

> Also, darrenyeats, my Touch sounds just fine into a Quad 306!
Several points:
- My comments are based on a 10k ohms input impedance, which for a Touch
is barely 1 to 10 impedance relationship.
- The input impedance of a 306 is 20k ohms, a much better situation.
- The output impedance of an SB3 isn't that hight either (dipping to 550
ohms) ... did you compare A/B level matched to a DAC with low output
impedance ... something like Schiit Bifrost at 75 ohms? If not, then
arnyk's gorilla in the room has got an even bigger brother.
pablolie wrote:
> i have a Benchmark DAC2HGC. for convenience and consolidation of
> sources. honestly i can't tell the DAC2 from the built-in Touch DAC if i
> connect the latter direct. it is a pretty good one. the reason for the
> external DAC is merely flexibility and consolidation. i basically think
> competently DACs sound pretty darn indistinguishable (except for
> built-in $1 stuff), but when you build a system there are other
> considerations at work for me.
Well you have compared A/B (and let's assume level matched).

The input impedance via XLR for a NAD M22 is 200k ohms! That's unusually
high for a power amp, so your comparison speaks little to the general
case.
Darren

Check it, add to it! http://www.dr.loudness-war.info/

SB Touch