Forgive me if this is covered ground, though I did search this thread
(and many others) with every keyword I thought might give me the answer,
with no luck.

I'm running LMS 7.7.5 (the last "official" release?) on Windows 7 with
two Duet Squeezebox players.  I don't need RC, just the EQ, and I can't
get any audible variation from EQ adjustments.  The UI is properly
installed, the DSP is installed and appears to be running in processes,
LAME is installed, I can view and adjust the EQ settings in Web Control
under Extras, but no audible effect.

My library is mostly MP3's and some Apple Lossless.  In file types, I
see no "InguzDSP" option available for any Stream Format under Apple
Lossless ("faad/sox" instead).  Under MP3, "lame/InguzDSP" (the
irony...) appears under four iterations of FLAC Stream Format, but not
for the MP3 Stream Format, which offers "Native" or "Disabled."  Am I
just out of luck with these file types?

I've gleaned that with some intimidating-sounding editing of conf files
some have gotten Apple Lossless to work, one thread even seemed to
indicate you could limit the processing to just one player (ideal for my
situation).   But I have yet to actually hear the plug in work, so I'm
trying to crawl before I walk.  Mp3s are the bulk of my library so I
tried choosing "Disable" for the MP3 Stream Format to see if that would
force them through one of the Inguz enabled options, but still can't
hear the DSP.

I've put in enough time and it seems close enough that I'd like not to
give up, so thanks in advance for a push in the right direction.  And
sorry again if I missed the obvious answer somewhere in the haystack.