arnyk wrote:
> Dream on! HA has its own anti-scientific axe to grind, just like Head
> Fi, and the DIY forums. In the case of HA the axe is a kind of
> ultra-science or the idea that if some theory or principle hasn't
> happened to have been covered with a DBT, it is therefore assumed to be
> false.
>
> One common thread among all of these forums- the use of absolute
> censorship to keep the management viewpoint the only one that can be
> expressed. Thoughtful dissent with the management viewpoint is first
> persecuted and then banned.

I agree Arny. While I enjoy reading the HA stuff, it's not much fun
posting when the "TOS#8 Bridgade" rolls around and deposits responses
like this:
20178

Granted it might be warranted but without opportunity to discuss, that's
just not much fun for a hobby forum... It ends up being another
religious decree like the Ten Commandments.

In terms of the "madness of crowds" as expressed in the forums, I find
it amazing how easy we as humans end up in a dichotomy or either/or,
all/nothing. The caricatures of -Spiritual/Magical Thinking Audiophiles-
or -Ultra-Orthodox DBT'ers-. It's like choosing between Communism and
Ultra Nationalism.

I hope that in most situations, the "silent majority" is actually much
more moderate. But I suspect most Moderate Audiophile neither receives
financial incentive nor fight with religious fervor over what amounts to
relatively little when there are so many more interesting technologies
and other hobbies to be involved in after awhile of witnessing how the
extremists conduct themselves...

|Filename: TOS-No.8.png                                             |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20178|

Archimago's Musings: (archimago.blogspot.com) A 'more objective'
audiophile blog.