As always picking the low hanging fruit.

As a large minority with some bying power always equal bitrate or sample
freq with actual recording quality .

Then we will have "hifi" streaming services like tidal et al . But it is
as random as ever they still rely on the labels to upload whatever they
see fit .

That's why I'm still on Spotify the 320k ogg format is good enough in
most cases and if they sound different it's probably not the formats
fault .

I real hifi streaming service to me would be one with a smaller but hand
curated content base with documented good recordings and mastering of
important music in each genre .

The streaming delivery format could even be a very good lossy encoding ,
for customer download I settle for CD to 24/96 depending on provenance
no nonse to upsample stuff 24/48 is apearently a common master format in
the real world .
Basically I would buy the good mastered stuff in its real native digital
format whatever that migth bee.
With the exception of DSD which I think is nonsens as a delivery format
( try DSP room eq etc and crossover etc with that ).

The best master of some work in256k MP3 would still trump any lesser
master in 24/192 or glorious DSD .

These charlatans lives of the confusing of actual recording quality with
high bitrates are impressive sample formats .
It the easy thing to provide . To provide actual good soundquality is
hard and takes some effort .

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )