drmatt wrote:
> Electronics do not sound the same. There, I said it.

I never said that all electronics sounds the same.

> Now stop telling me I'm deluded and show me why you aren't.

I never said that you were deluded.

> They aren't radically different, but there are subtle differences
> between them. And these differences are not just what can be found on an
> ultra fine equaliser.

Provide reliable proof for that, please.

> That's what I was looking for.

You may be looking for something that does not really exist. If there
were any reliable evidence to back that claim up, things would be
different.

> Re EQ. Fair enough. I can't be arsed, because I know that I accommodate
> different tonal balances after a short while listening as I said, as I
> do it every time I switch CDs.

If there were any reliable evidence to back that claim up, things would
be different.

> More annoyed with bad mixes on some CDs than the overall tone of my
> system (which i chose for its overall tone, by the way). I understand
> the desire to achieve a fully corrected sound, but don't you have to
> keep your head in one location for that to be anywhere near true?

Mixing and mastering are two vastly different things.  Not knowing that
they are different implies not knowing what the difference is.

This article may help you inform and correct yourself:
http://www.fixyourmix.com/mixing-vs-mastering/

> So what are you trying to say then about my choices?

The choices are problematical. Some self-education may be in order.

> You think I'm stupid for choosing one amplifier over another because
> you reckon they all sound the same?

I never said that all amplifiers sound the same. This appears to be just
one of several problematical statements from earlier posts.

> You think I'm stupid for thinking I can demo speakers in a dealer? You
> think I'm stupid for not actually doing that and demoing them at home
> instead? You think I'm stupid for believing that when I sit forward,
> listening, where I'm closer to the faces of the speakers than I am to
> the walls that I can't tell the difference between direct radiated sound
> and reflected sound?

People can be as smart as they come but still make false claims because
they are poorly informed.

> Totally take your point on bass response in small rooms, however, but
> have found a set of speakers I like, and I tested them in my room so...

Asserting that something is correct only because one likes it and with
no other supporting evidence can be called solipsism which is generally
thought to be characteristic of poor logic.