celo wrote:
> 1-Should I use active or passive preamp between the Touch and my TPA3116
> board amp (it has no volume)?

Why would you need a preamp?

> 2-Should I add volume pot to my board (or use fully finished/assembled
> TPA3116 with volume) and directly connect my Touch to my amp via analog?

A standard pot probably has more non-linearity than anything else in
your system (speakers not included).

> 3-I used to have Schitt Bifrost DAC going between my Touch and amp and I
> liked it but do not know if it was THAT better than Touch's analog.
> Should I add a DAC again?

Yes, if it makes you feel better or if you like the way it colours the
sound.

> 4- If I add a DAC and/or directly connecting the Touch to the preamp or
> amp, should I set the Touch's volume to 100% fixed and use preamp/amp's
> volume pot?

Only if it is easier to use the preamp/amp remote control than to use
the Touch one.

> 5-Should I buy a DAC with digital volume to connect it to the Touch?

See answer to 3.

> Is using volume via Touch/Software better/worse than using DAC's digital
> volume?

Depends on how good/bad the volume control on your DAC is.

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953