drmatt wrote:
> What tech do you need to implement a room correction setup? I mean apart
> from just buying an AV amp..

Depends my AV controller from Meridian has it and it works very well.

There are opinions about how to do it and some solutions are percieved
better than others , the typical av reciever version of rc gets some bad
rep .

But much of the work is in correct setup and measurment and the demands
n the rest of the chain the amps and speakers must be able to handle a
lot of eq ? More headroom.

I have not used computer based room eq , many members here are using it
with brutefir for example . You measure with some sort of program and
design a filter and run LMS transcoding true brutefir .

There was also a windows only lms plugin a couple of years ago.

Outside the squeezebox world there are a lot folks using all kinds of
computer based solutions .
I think you can find a lot of information in some other forums about
that.

Also add a microphone stand and a microphone or the clasic radio shack
so l meter can be used.

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )