edwardthern wrote:
> In some places [where I only need background music] I use Android 7"
> tablets with Squeeze Player App and a SB control like Squeezer. For $40
> I have a touch screen display and I can use Bluetooth speakers for a
> neat set up. Other places like in my office I want a little more
> fidelity so I use a RPI or a MiniItx board [headless] and powered
> speakers with a nice Dac....I can control everything from my computer.

Yeah, I've done that too, but I'd found genuine SB devices more reliable
overall, particularly for sync.

We are lucky that those that maintain LMS have actually allowed this to
happen. Let's face it there's no money being paid for the software, and
yet it's not only still viable but actually thriving. Any other company
might have kept their server app closed source and let it die with the
revenue stream.