edwardthern wrote:
> No I can't explain it.....my ears tell me what they like and I listen.
> Sorry I've been trying to figure out a quantifiable solution to justify
> what my ears say they don't like for a long long time. All I know is
> [placebo or not] my ears like less jitter from a source.

But in the server case it's not really jitter as that has not happened
yet ? We are not playing audio yet .

That was the stroke of genius with the squeezeboxes remove playback from
the computer , stuff the computer elsewhere , build players that does
not depend on drivers or OS et al and with predicable behaviour .
( no fuzzing about with kernel steaming wasabi asio etc and ever
changing settings ... )

You can ofcourse run player and server on the same thing/PC if you want
,but why ?

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )