Archimago wrote:
> Indeed a fantastic price for the new device! :cool:

I've owned a Transporter since 2009, skewered into my Pathos Logos amp
via XLR balanced interconnects (just Canford Audio ones, no snake oil!)
and listening through my B&W 805s loudspeakers with a painstaking
adjusted PV1 subwoofer. All of my gear is second-hand, except the 805s
which just weren't available s/h in 2009 & the new Transporter which
I've just bought for hardware redundancy insurance.

I'm really hard pushed to notice any difference between my music
streamed from my NAS and CD's played through my (s/h!) Pathos Digit CD
player which also has balanced interconnects. And from a convenience
standpoint it's no contest.

Have you actually listened to a Transporter?

But I don't want to start an argument, I simply posted the information
for the community's benefit: there aren't enough left for everyone to
buy one anyway...

I'm sure that the people who are interested will know who they are.

Best regards,
Dave :)