Golden Earring wrote:
> If we all forget what we've heard, why do conductors hold rehearsal
> sessions with their orchestras of professional musicians who are quite
> competent enough to play through a complex piece of orchestral music on
> their own without a conductor?
>
> What benefit can the conductor achieve from the rehearsal if the players
> are incapable of remembering the often subtle requirements he requires
> in terms of orchestral balance? Or are we going to allow such
> professionals "golden ears" on account of their musical talent &
> training?

This is a different skill to the one being invoked in an audio quality
comparison. Like asking an artist to copy the brush strokes or blobs of
paint used to make a picture instead of copying the picture.

You perceive through the audio to the instruments and the stressing and
balance that carries, but you store the product of that perception, not
the medium it was received via.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

--
Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with
Debian+LMS 7.9.0