cliveb wrote:
> With respect, this doesn't make sense.
>
> 1. You've changed nothing in LMS, and hence its web server will be
> delivering the same HTML to the client.
> 2. You've updated your client PC, which almost certainly included a
> change to the client browser (assuming you're using the Microsoft
> browser).
> 3. The logical conclusion is that it's the browser update that is
> responsible for the change in behaviour, and trying a different browser
> is the simplest way to confirm this.
>
> Uninstalling and reinstalling LMS on a NAS is going to be a heck of a
> lot more work than just trying a different browser, especially since
> logic suggests that there's unlikely to be anything wrong with LMS.
>
> I strongly urge you to try the alternative browser option first.

Hi Clive!

While I've been grovelling about under the back of my aging sports car
applying rust converter, which is a satisfying if slightly messy task
but certainly one that doesn't require much in the way of cerebral
input, I've been coming to the same conclusion as you: after all,
Windows is just looking through a port at my Linux server, and moreover
the main GUI page *-is-* working without any apparent problems, but when
the secondary settings page is summoned it is not loading correctly.

This is the reason why at age 62 I do not dive into trying to solve a
problem before I think I've got at least some idea what the problem
actually is - hence my earlier declared intention to defer trying to
solve it until Monday.

My only concern about your suggestion is that at no stage during the
update was I asked to consent to a browser change & moreover my
real-time anti-malware software is under orders to block such a change &
alert me. So actually I'm still thinking about it...

Perhaps Microsoft will issue some more mini-updates in the next 48 hours
& the problem will solve itself although I'm not holding my breath :D .

Dave :confused: