Grumpy Bob wrote:
> Interesting - I've never owned many turntables in my life, but I don't
> recall ever feeling I've needed a detachable headshell - probably
> because I don't change cartridge terribly frequently. My venerable
> Planar 3 (something like 22-24 years old now) is still going strong,
> though maybe it's getting a bit like Trigger's broom, with replacement
> of a few parts recently, with the most significant mod being one of the
> new 24V motors.
>
> At the moment, I'm using a Rega Fono Mini A2D as a phono stage and as an
> ADC for digitising vinyl. It has a USB port on the front plate, which is
> convenient.
>
> I've been hanging out over at the VinylEngine forums lately.
>
> RobertI bought my Planar 3 in the late eighties to replace a Trio KD1033B and
yes I also had the ADC headshell for the Trio and a replacement mat.
Years later after reading a few threads about the Planar 3 running
slightly fast I measured the speed of mine by counting revolutions
against a stopwatch and sure enough it was slightly off. I found some
very thin adhesive tape and applied it to the sub platter one layer at a
time until the speed was spot on then convinced myself I could hear the
difference [emoji3].
Unfortunately now that my Touch and amplifier are sitting on the TV
stand I no longer have space for the turntable and it is in its box in
the loft and all my vinyl is under the bed [emoji20]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk