slartibartfast wrote:
> I bought my Planar 3 in the late eighties to replace a Trio KD1033B and
> yes I also had the ADC headshell for the Trio and a replacement mat.
> Years later after reading a few threads about the Planar 3 running
> slightly fast I measured the speed of mine by counting revolutions
> against a stopwatch and sure enough it was slightly off. I found some
> very thin adhesive tape and applied it to the sub platter one layer at a
> time until the speed was spot on then convinced myself I could hear the
> difference [emoji3].
> Unfortunately now that my Touch and amplifier are sitting on the TV
> stand I no longer have space for the turntable and it is in its box in
> the loft and all my vinyl is under the bed [emoji20]
>
> Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

My Trio KD1033B also with ADC and replacement mat is still in play in my
office and is the main deck I use for digitising. The Onkyo is in the
Living Room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PI3 PCP/LMS STORAGE QNAP TS419P (NFS)
*Living Room* - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
*Office* - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3
-> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom
*Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
Everything controlled by iPeng