ralphpnj wrote:
> Do you mean the ritual of having to put all those LPs away after you
> played them? Or having to clean the LPs before you play them? Of having
> to listen a track you don't enjoy because you are too lazy to get up and
> move the tonearm past the track?  Or not being able to save that
> wonderful mix of tracks into a playlist?
>
> I could go on but what's the point? I lived with vinyl for many years
> and while I still believe that vinyl can sound very, very good it is
> just too damn inconvenient. In other words, "ritual" is just another way
> to say "inconvenient".
>
> When I listen to music I want ease of playing the music and not rituals.
> Rituals are for religion and  that is something I avoid at all costs.

I understand what you mean and most of the time I tend to agree with the
above.
There are just other times when it is nice to "slow down". These are the
moments I could enjoy all of the above :-)
And there is a good thing about that: yes one tends to listen to the
complete album and not just press the skip forward button. That also
made me rediscover music too. So you see, there is something positive in
everything!

'Cambridge Audio 851D-S'
(https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/products/851/851d) -> 'Focal MP1200'
(http://www.mp1200.co.nf/) -> 'Focal Electra 1028 Be'
(http://www.focal.com/en/electra-1000-be-2/209-electra-1028-be-3544053695099.html)
1 x SB Boom, 1 x SB Radio, 1 x SB Touch and 2 x RPI 2B
1 x SB3 and 1 x SB Touch in storage
ReadyNAS NVX running LMS 7.9.0.
iPeng on iPhone, SqueezePad & iPeng on iPad.
http://www.last.fm/user/phibon