brjoon1021 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i have had m y system appart for years... long story.
> Now that I am putting it back together I have found that I have no power
> supply for my Squeezebox 3. I need to buy one. Do you have any
> recommendations on what to buy ? I am sound conscious or I would not
> have posted in this subsection, but I don't want to spend over $50 at
> most.
>
> Are there any 3 rd party sofware or settings that might wring the last
> bit of sound quality out of my SB3 ?
>
> Thanks !

.
Any low noise switching power supply with proper specs IE 5V DC
regulated, Center positive, sleeve ground Connector: 2.5mm ID, 5.5mm OD,
11mm long Min supply rating: 1000mA. So as long as it outputs 5VDC with
at least an Amp of current and is properly filtered (low noise) it will
work just fine.

The only thing better (and only slightly) is using a 6VDC battery with
10Ahr capacity or better which you would recharge over night after use
(or as need be dependent on use). The slight advantage is it is
absolutely clean DC power with no noise. Hence it is impossible to pass
power supply or mains noise through to the SB3. I have a battery
operated Pre-Amp that sounds just as good as a passive Pre-Amp but I
doesn't lose the gain of an active Pre-Amp with the battery powered
Pre-Amp. It has two batteries so one can be charging while the other is
in use.
.

*iPhone*
Media Room:
ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp,
Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers:
Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video:
Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model
3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
Ford Thunderbird: SB Touch, USB drive