I've been needing a new set of headphones, and got some for Christmas.
They're not quite what I expected, but plenty decent -- the Bose Quiet
Comfort 35 II. These are bluetooth wireless, although they can be used
as wired.

The audio quality of my Android phone isn't the greatest, especially
using Bluetooth, so I was considering my options. I could use a
Bluetooth transmitter on my older stereo receiver, which has good sound
quality, but I'd be limited to connecting to the adapter through the
headphone jack, downsized to 3.5 mm size.

But perhaps I can use my Transporter's TOSLINK output to a suitable
bluetooth adapter which accepts TOSLINK. Is there any reason this
wouldn't work? Will the Transporter's pre-amp volume control work
through the TOSLINK?

I'm really very vague on the technicals of this, so any help
appreciated.

R.

LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm
speakers
Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
Radio (WiFi) - home office
Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used),
Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
Touch x 1 - spare
UE Radio x 1 - spare
Boom x 1 - spare