Hi there everybody!

I have a SBT with EDO, but it does not work with my Soekris 1101 USB
DAC. I tried EDO with all available experimental Kernels and of course
an additional power supply added to the USB (which works on the pc),
however, no sound comes out of SBT.

My conclusion: SBT, which I love, will not work.

So, I am searching for a squeezebox transport that will work. Basically,
everything based on a recent Linux distribution shoult be natively
compatible.

My priorities:
- *Easy and quick and thumb-adapted *assembly and configuration in case
of DIY-projects
- Audiophile streaming quality with asynchronous USB output capable of
192khz/24bit
- if possible, no recurring license fees (like it is the case for
"Raspberry Pi 7'' Touch Display Bundle with HiFiBerry")

That HIFIBerry with display looks fine. "This bundle is a Max2Play
solution simulating the previously available Logitech Squeezebox Touch
Player." is sad on the homepage. However, there is a license that has to
be renewed periodically and I wonder, if I reamin with a brick if one
day this company is not there anymore to renew my license. Therefore I
wonder whether there are other good alternatives???

It is very well possible that this has been discussed in other threads.
I found some, however, everything I found did not seem really easy to
implement without spending days in experimenting and troubleshooting...