jstraw wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is any kind of a server plugin that would
> power down a Transporter either after so much idle time, or on a
> schedule? I don't mind if it's good for other devices as well, but I'm
> specifically interested in not having the Transporter powered up for
> days on end. I don't mind having to turn it on to use it. I'd like to
> not have to remember to turn it off.

not needed because squeezeboxes are never really OFF. When not playing
they are in basically standby mode but not truly off. This said, it is
good to not use the displays when not needed.  I use a plugin called
"BLANK SAVER" and set that as the screensaver when OFF or NOT PLAYING.

The only true way to power off a Transporter is to unplug it from power.

*Home:* VBA 4TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all
ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio
w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
*Office:* Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
*The Wild (no internet): *PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry
Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay
7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify