MikeSlim wrote:
> Sorry, it's only for the Allo Sparky Board.
> In order to get Allo Sparky and Usbridge running, similar steps as with
> the Rpi are necessary.
>
> Download Dietpi as operating system, install it on SD card and make some
> settings as described in the link.
>
> https://dietpi.com/#noAction
> https://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9#p9
>
> By the way, I already had several Rpi, but never white noise.
> Maybe something seems to be broken or incompatible.
>
> Greetings
>
> Mike

Thanks for this!

It looks like SqueezeLight can be installed on sparky, however, all
command line based, which might be fine but I am a bit afraid of a
weekend lost in trial and error... Anyway, I wait for my passive preamp
first, that might at least solve the noise problem. I believe that the
noise is probably dificult to solve totally given that the USB port has
no galvanic isolation at all. However, the fact, that it is so notable
in my setup must be due to the particularly high amplification through
the 103db-speakers and the powerful amps. So attentuating all the sound
linearly (not only the music, but music and noise togehter) will already
help with no doupt.

I see then whether I give the Sparky with the Usbridge a try.

Cheers! Urs