Most people here leave their Transporters on 24/7, and the units are
still operating after a decade or more. The only issue for some was the
common PSU issue, which can easily be swapped. In the Player/Display
settings make sure Power Off Brightness is set to 0 (Dark).

With that said, I personally turn the unit off when I'm not using it.
(I'll leave it on for the remainder of the day and turn it off at night)
I use a switch on my power strip to do that. I have very few tracks in
my LMS directory so as long as LMS is running before I turn the
Transporter on, it connects instantly.