I’m looking to upgrade my Transporter which I’ve had since 2008.
Rest of my system is vintage Naim and I find the Transporter a little
‘clinical’ sounding and lacking in warmth. Also compared to modern
units like a Naim Uniti Atom which I recently demoed, the Transporter
lacks some detail, depth and separation.
Anyone have experience with KTB or Modi 3?
I know there are a ton of expensive DACs that would transform my sound -
but I’m saving up for a Naim ND5 XS2, so don’t want to spend more that
€150 euros for a DAC to upgrade the Transporter right now.
Is that possible, or just a waste of a time and I should wait for the
ND5 XS2?