I've long been vaguely interested in experimenting with DRC, but
whenever I read about Inguz it looked a bit daunting. Added to that, my
LMS runs on a Raspberry Pi 3, so there's no chance of doing the
necessary processing at the server end.

I seem to recall some discussions here about whether the HiFiBerry DSP
cards could be used for this purpose. (Sorry, but I've done some forum
searches and couldn't find the thread, but am pretty sure I'm not
imagining it).

So I've been experimenting with HiFiBerry's Raspberry Pi DIGI2 Pro SPDIF
card and DSP add-on board. I can confirm that it's fairly
straightforward to load the necessary filters into the DSP card, and
when you reboot the Pi using another operating system (eg.
piCorePlayer), the filters are still active. I would assume that the
same would be true if you use the HiFiBerry DAC+DSP or Beocreate card
instead. (I use the SPDIF card because I have Meridian active speakers
with digital inputs, so didn't need a DAC).

What I did find is that some of the facilities provided by the
HiFiBerryOS seem a bit unreliable. In particular, they use an old
version of Squeezelite that has problems with delays and failure to
pause/seek, so my initial plan to run HiFiBerryOS as my Squeezelite
player didn't work out. Also, their (experimental) room correction
feature didn't work for me. I ended up using Room EQ Wizard to calculate
the required filters, then added those filters manually using
HiFiBerryOS's parametric EQ page. After adding the filters, you need to
go to the DSP Programs page and instruct it to store the settings in the
DSP card. Once that is done, you can shut down HiFiBerryOS and reboot
into piCorePlayer.

This is just a heads-up that it does all work rather well, but if anyone
wants some more details, let me know.

Until recently: Transporter -> ATC SCM100A, now sold :-(
House move forced change to: SBR SPDIF out -> Meridian 218 -> Meridian
M6