"Marty Rosenberg":
> so it seems like aufs gets extremely unstable when running with my setup.
> After attempting to run a du operation or two, the kernel module crashes.
> I'm not sure if it occurs before the module crash, but other actions such as
> ls will hang.  Other people using the system have said that they can still
> run ls in subdirectories, however I have not found this to be true.  In case
> it helps, there are approximately 773,950 files total that are in all of the
> source directories.

Hello Marty,
Thank you for your report, including /proc/mounts and others.

Since vdir.c:603 is checking an internal lock, aufs seems to be totally
broken. I will review aufs code.

Do you know what is the difference between you and "other people using
the system?" How about the compiler's version? Are you using the same
compiler with other people? Or kernel configuration?

Junjiro Okajima