Regarding my previous message, and the message today about a kernel oops, I
downloaded the aufs source for the Debian package in unstable (a CVS snapshot
from 20070509) and made the module using kernel 2.6.21.1, and now my
development
version of ParallelKnoppix64 boots up fine. So there's some problem that has
cropped up in the time frame from 20070509 to yesterday, I believe.

Cheers, Michael